Wednesday, December 15, 2010

growing

i sometimes feel like my life is passing before my eyes. i get anxious that time is running out, that i will never do all the things i dream of. i watch time vanish and my baby turn into a toddler, it feels like time has sped up since i was younger
i feel myself getting older. i notice wrinkles now and random grey hair. but it isn't these physical changes that make me nervous. i don't want to run out of time. there is so much i dream of doing in this life and i feel like time is my enemy.
i never wanted time to be still. growing up i couldn't wait for time to pass. once i was an adult i felt like each passing year brought me further from my excruciating childhood. i loved the passage of time....it was like a ship sailing away to new land. but now i am here and i relish these moments. i want to bottle them up and keep them this way always.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same anxiety about time running out but I'm realizing time is really an illusion. I've been labeling myself and defining myself by my age and experience and then freaking myself out. I'm trying to learn as many new things as I can, it's making me feel younger..now hopefully I can keep this feeling going ;) thought provoking post!

    ReplyDelete